Romania imported an amount of electricity of almost 796 GWh in the first month of this year, by more than 36% above what it exported… Mai mult›
GFG Alliance has committed to invest one billion euros to upgrade Galati steel plant in order to reduce emissions and increase production. Another EUR 1… Mai mult›
Green Deal / New, additional European funds for Romania – negotiation position assumed by MEP Siegfried Muresan
The transition to a green economy needs to be supported by new, additional European funds, distinct from Romania’s allocations from the future EU multiannual budget.… Mai mult›
Romania fell 3 places to the 10th position in the ranking of largest investments made by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), after… Mai mult›
Transport Ministry announces it has sent to Brussels the financing request for Sibiu – Pitesti highway
The Transport Ministry, as the Intermediate Body in Transport, approved the financing request for the project “Construction of Sibiu – Pitesti highway”, Sections 1, 4… Mai mult›
de Adrian N Ionescu , 7.5.2018
There have been 78,181 groups of enterprises identified, out of which 5,311 are resident groups and 72,870 multinational groups, according to the data of the National Institute of Statistics (INS) on 2016, published on Wednesday and quoted by Agerpres.
Only 271 (0.3%) of multinationals are controlled locally, and 72,599 are controlled from abroad.
Fields of activity
The distribution of enterprise groups in Romania by economic activity (according to CAEN code Rev.2) shows that most of them are active in the following fields:
- 35% – Wholesale and retail trade and repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles,
- 11% of the total enterprise groups in construction field; 11% – manufacturing
- 9% – professional, scientific and technical activities,
- 8% – real estate transactions.
Domestic enterprise groups are mainly active in the following areas:
- wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles – 20%;
- manufacturing – 12%;
- professional, scientific and technical activities – 12%;
- other service activities – 11%;
- construction – 10%.
Most active foreigners
By the share of employee number, most of the sub-groups of enterprises in Romania are controlled from Germany, France and Italy, which hold the top three positions in the list of countries that control sub-groups of enterprises in Romania:
- Germany (17.1%),
- France (12.7%),
- Italy (10.0%).
By the share of employee number in the total multinational enterprise groups controlled from abroad:
- Germany is predominant in:
- manufacturing (9.5%),
- wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles (2.9%), and in the field o
- “Professional, scientific and technical activities” (2.3%).
- France, in:
- manufacturing (6.2%)
- wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles (2.6%).
- Italy dominates the manufacturing sector (6.4%).
19% (or 13,867) of all foreign multinational enterprise groups identified in Romania are controlled by foreign legal entities,
The rest of them (58,732) are groups controlled by foreign individuals.