GFG Alliance has committed to invest one billion euros to upgrade Galati steel plant in order to reduce emissions and increase production. Another EUR 1… Mai mult›
Green Deal / New, additional European funds for Romania – negotiation position assumed by MEP Siegfried Muresan
The transition to a green economy needs to be supported by new, additional European funds, distinct from Romania’s allocations from the future EU multiannual budget.… Mai mult›
Romania fell 3 places to the 10th position in the ranking of largest investments made by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), after… Mai mult›
Transport Ministry announces it has sent to Brussels the financing request for Sibiu – Pitesti highway
The Transport Ministry, as the Intermediate Body in Transport, approved the financing request for the project “Construction of Sibiu – Pitesti highway”, Sections 1, 4… Mai mult›
(The map of investment financed through Juncker Plan, by GDP share. Darker colours mean higher shares) The operator of national natural gas pipelines, Transgaz (TGN)… Mai mult›
Justice Minister initiates procedure for dismissing Laura Kovesi. Investigation on Ordinance 13 and Belina File – among official reasons
de Razvan Diaconu , 26.2.2018
The report, of an unprecedented toughness, which contains formulations explicitly focused against the DNA Chief Prosecutor – both the function and the person – counts 20 “acts and deeds,” as the Minister of Justice has called them. The document has 36 pages.
This is quite unusual for the judiciary in a democracy.
Below, point by point, Minister Toader’s indictment against Laura Kovesi in the Report:
– blocking the activity of the Parliament and the Government, by investigations initiated without having constitutional attributions. The examples presented by the minister:
– exceeding the constitutional attributions by investigating how Ordinance 13 was drafted (the one on the decriminalization of the acts of abuse of office and the pardon)
– exceeding the constitutional attributions by investigating the government decisions for “Belina File”, in which Liviu Dragnea has been accused
– failure to comply with the CCR’s decision by refusing to appear before the parliamentary committee investigating the 2009 elections.
-, authoritarian behaviour
– involvement in the investigations run by other prosecutors (repeating the Ordinance 13 example)
– prioritization of the files with impact in media
– contesting or assessing CCR’s decisions
– criticizing the laws on the judiciary, currently under the parliamentary debate
– affecting Romania’s image as she publicly expressed the fear that DNA could be liquidated
– the increase in the number of acquittals and expenses
– the attempt to obtain convictions at any price
– falsifying the transcription of some phone records
– the delay in solving some causes – Microsoft example
– the non-involvement in the verification of the situation from DNA Prahova and the tolerance regarding the inadequate behaviour of some prosecutors
“The fight against corruption must continue but we must keep what is good and eliminate what is bad,” said the Minister of Justice.
Therefore, Tudorel Toader announced the initiation of procedures for dismissing Laura Codruta Kovesi as the head of DNA – with the request sent to the CSM and the Presidency.