Relatively recently joined the functional market economies club, although it has multiple pending development (not just economic) issues, Romania looked around and chose a poisonous… Mai mult›
Spectacular GDP growth in Q1: 5%, in the context of rhythm decline in manufacturing to just 1.2%. Dilemmas
Gross Domestic Product for the first quarter of 2019 increased by 5% in real terms compared to the same period of the previous year (5.1%… Mai mult›
Simply put, data recorded over time in the monthly budget implementation published by the Ministry of Finance indicate a share of staff costs in total… Mai mult›
Germany (16.9%), France (11.7%) and Italy (9.5%) are the countries with the largest share in Romania’s economy by the number of employees in 80,905 groups… Mai mult›
Budget implementation in Q1, short and simple: wages and social spending up, general and local investments down, co-financing for projects implemented with European money down
The general consolidated budget recorded, after the first two months of 2019, a deficit of about RON 5.5 billion, equivalent to 0.54% of the GDP… Mai mult›
de Mariana Bechir , 24.9.2018
But Romania is not among the countries that place a major focus on fiscal competition: this year, the legislation has not been amended to grant new R&D investment facilities.
Between 2015 and 2017, changes in terms of tax incentives for the R&D field were modest, but 2018 brought significant improvements in many countries – 14 out of 41 countries (namely 34% of the jurisdictions interviewed) forecast new or more generous incentives for research and development this year (compared to only 22% in 2017).
Nine of 14 countries take measures for the second consecutive year.
Examples of very active states:
- Singapore has increased the tax deduction for labour costs and consumables needed for the qualification of research and development projects made in Singapore, from 150% to 250%
- Poland has increased its tax deduction from 100% to 200% as of January 1, 2018.
Situation in RomaniaThere are four programs to stimulate research and development:
- Exemption from corporate tax in the first 10 years of activity for companies carry out only R&D and innovation activities, as well as associated activities.
- additional deduction of 50% of the eligible R&D expenditure in the calculation of the corporate tax
- accelerated depreciation of qualified research and development assets
- tax exemption for the wage income of employees working in research and development or technological development.
But most facilities are difficult to access:
- Employees who already had the tax relief applied on their wages in December 2017 were potentially affected by the transfer of social security contributions from the employer to the employee as of January 2018. Tax legislation has brought, though, with some delay, a legal leverage to compensate for the net loss in salaries of these categories of employees, under certain conditions.
- The provisions governing the exemption from corporate tax were introduced in the Romanian Tax Code in January 2017, but the implementation rules have not been issued yet, therefore it cannot be applied.
- From a corporate tax perspective, although a large proportion of taxpayers working in this field know the tax benefits, most of them are still in the process of analysing the eligibility, with no clear implementation phase, the study states. This is largely because the lack in consulting the R&D Expert Registry, as it is not functional, although the law provides that the employer, employee or tax authorities may request expert reports prepared by experts enrolled in the Register of experts in domains of research and development, for the validation in the classification of R&D activities.
- The 10-year tax exemption facility cannot be applied, as there are no implementation rules and taxpayers have a justifiable fear that this measure can be categorized as State aid.
Lăsați un comentariu
The National Bank increased the inflation forecast for 2019 by 1.2 percentage points, from 3% to 4.2%. Also, the forecast for 2020 goes up by… Mai mult›
Emergency procedure at European Court of Justice for Romania’s question: Are MCV recommendations mandatory?
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has decided that Bihor Court’s request to be discussed under the emergency procedure, which is a… Mai mult›
Government decides to increase external borrowing ceiling by EUR 4bn. It has consumed program resources for two years
The Government's agenda for Wednesday also includes the draft decision to increase the foreign loans ceiling for 2019 and 2020 by EUR 4 billion, up… Mai mult›
On Tuesday, the European Commission presented a series of policy recommendations on how Europe can shape its future within an increasingly uncertain and multipolar world.… Mai mult›
Meeting between Prime Minister Viorica Dancila and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang: talks on a possible involvement of Chinese companies in PPP projects in Romania
On Friday, Prime Minister Viorica Dancila had a meeting with Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, during which she stated her interest in involving Chinese companies… Mai mult›
So-called "Belina Law" was adopted. Opposition will refer CCR: it turns Belina Island into a fiscal paradise
The Chamber of Deputies adopted on Tuesday the bill that provides for a derogating tax regime, such as tax exemptions or reductions, for land and… Mai mult›
Deveselu shield is undergoing an upgrade process; the US provides alternative defence capabilities with THAAD systems
Aegis Ashore anti-missile system installed at Deveselu 99 Military Base will go in the next period through a previously planned upgrade process, the MApN announced… Mai mult›
How 2019 began: Investments, allocations by 78.5% lower than the same period of 2018. 21% decrease in co-financing for attracting European funds
The consolidated general budget recorded a deficit of 0.5% of GDP in the first two months of 2019 namely RON 5.2 billion, a "performance" only… Mai mult›
Romania's GDP exceeded Portugal’s in 2018: which has a population two times lower and a GDP/inhabitant twice as high
Romania's economy exceeded, at current prices in euros, Portugal's economy in 2018, a country with a population and a surface two times smaller as Romania.… Mai mult›
The Ministry of Public Finance published Tuesday evening, a day and a half before the approval in the Government, the draft OUG that amends the… Mai mult›
The Justice Ministry has prepared the two OUG drafts for which the coalition has put much pressure on the Justice Minister Tudorel Toader before granting… Mai mult›
ECOFIN / Tax havens list has been updated. Politico: Eugen Teodorovici took EU Finance Ministers by surprise
Finance Ministers of the EU voted on Tuesday at the third meeting of the Council for Economic and Financial Affairs (ECOFIN) chaired by Romania, the… Mai mult›
Dozens of companies, mayoralties, sports teams, public figures, organizations and many ordinary people joined the protest "Romania wants motorways". Of course, the country did not… Mai mult›
Facebook announced Thursday that it has closed hundreds of false accounts promoting false content in the UK and in Romania and this is the first… Mai mult›
Laura Codruta Kovesi was indicted on Thursday in a second case. The section for investigating the crimes committed by magistrates accused her of having led… Mai mult›