Romania recorded the largest public deficit among the EU states in 2018, according to data published by Eurostat, except for Cyprus (-4.8% of GDP last… Mai mult›
IMF report – Conclusions show that Romania has become a new and atypical growth model: through imbalances. Which will soon get to be paid
Romania’s macroeconomic imbalances have increased in the past year, and economic and fiscal policies have to change so that the population’s incomes and prospects of… Mai mult›
Discharging imbalances on RON exchange rate could start even this year. Analysts’ scenarios and BNR’s uncertainty
Analysts’ scenarios on the evolution of the exchange rate are rather prudent for the coming months, but severe for the beginning of the next year… Mai mult›
Stimulating over-indebtedness by stimulating consumption: Overdue loans trigger warning signal – Map of debtors
The policy of stimulating consumption has also distorted the degree of indebtedness in the territorial distribution, and rich counties are competing with the poor ones… Mai mult›
Interview with Fogh Rasmussen: “NATO’s role is to keep Russians out, Americans in and Europeans involved”
The text below is a series of fragments from the interview that former NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen gave to CRONICILE Curs de guvernare… Mai mult›
de Victor Bratu , 12.11.2017
Among the most important are: the transfer of most of the social contributions to the employee, the taxation of companies on the turnover below one million euros, or the restrictions targeting the foreign-owned companies and the banks regarding the deduction of expenses, including the interest and indebtedness.
The following are provided:
- Transferring the payment obligation for most of the social contributions from the employer to the employee and cutting their total by 2 percentage points to 37.25%;
- Introducing the work insurance contribution (CAM) of 2.25% payable by the employer to the general consolidated budget. CAM replaces the unemployment contribution (0.5% payable by the employee and 0.5% by the employer), the medical leave contribution (0.85% payable by the employer), the contribution to the salary guarantee fund (0.25%) and the insurance contribution for accidents and occupational diseases.
- Introducing CAS calculated based on the minimum national wage, on the revenues obtained from independent activities.
- Reducing the income tax from 16% to 10% for employees, pensioners, rents, interest income, copyright, other income, excluding the dividend income. The measure is intended to alleviate the risk of a decrease in the net wages.
- The monthly taxable pension income is obtained by deducting the monthly non-taxable amount of 2,000 lei from the pension income.
- Taxation of 1% on the turnover in all companies with a turnover below one million euros, double the previous threshold.
- Tax authorities may refuse the VAT deduction if they can demonstrate “that the taxable person knew or should have known that the transaction put forward to justify the right to deduct was involved in a VAT related fraud occurring upstream or downstream in the delivery/supply chain”
- Restrictions on tax optimization of credit institutions and foreign-owned companies: Directive 2016/1164 / EU is translated into the national legislation. New rules are established on:
- the limitation in the deductibility of interest expenses and other equivalent costs: “The taxpayer has the right to deduct, within a fiscal period, the excess costs of indebtedness up to the deductible threshold represented by the equivalent in RON of 200,000 euros calculated at the BNR exchange rate from the last day of the quarter/fiscal year, where applicable”;
- the tax regime of asset transfers, of a tax residence and/or economic activity carried out through a permanent establishment, on which Romania loses the right to tax;
The ordinance provides that “if an entity or a permanent establishment is considered a <<controlled foreign company>>, the taxpayer who controls it shall include in the taxable base the entity’s undistributed income deriving from the following:
- interest or any other income generated by financial assets;
- royalties or any other income generated by intellectual property rights;
- dividends and income from the transfer of units;
- financial leasing income;
- income from insurance, banking or other financial activities;
- income from companies that obtain it from goods and services which are purchased from associated companies and sold to them without any economic value or a low added value.”
Lăsați un comentariu
Romania - EU country with highest risk of dying in a road accident, Bulgaria is quickly decreasing number of victims since it built motorways
Romania recorded the highest road deaths in the EU also last year, with 96 deaths per one million inhabitants in 2018, almost double the EU… Mai mult›
Latest developments in progress at Health Ministry: Differentiated wages based on performance, competitions organised at a regional level not by hospitals
Sorina Pintea announced on Thursday further new changes that will be brought to the functioning of the health care system, including new rules for employment… Mai mult›
The new order on approval and selection procedures for insolvency practitioners is an important step to a very good direction, industry experts say. ANAF is… Mai mult›
Romania lost to Estonia in the final vote to get the non-permanent member position within the UN Security Council for the period 2020-2021. On Friday,… Mai mult›
Business internationalization / eMAG makes a step to entry five new international markets and targets a business of EUR 2 billion
eMAG hopes to get the opinion of the Hungarian Competition Council over the next two months for the acquisition of Extreme Digital, the market leader… Mai mult›
"At a distance from books": 85,000 teachers (one third of educational staff) are graduates of distance learning
Approximately 85,000 teachers are graduates of distance learning (ID) programs, Education Minister Ecaterina Andronescu said at a meeting with school inspectors from Caras-Severin County. The… Mai mult›
A book should be written or a movie should be made and sent to Viasat History about a treasure evacuated to Moscow, as it is… Mai mult›
Today, the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) announced the status of commercial vehicle registrations in EU member states + EFTA in April and cumulated after… Mai mult›
The National Bank increased the inflation forecast for 2019 by 1.2 percentage points, from 3% to 4.2%. Also, the forecast for 2020 goes up by… Mai mult›
Emergency procedure at European Court of Justice for Romania’s question: Are MCV recommendations mandatory?
The Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) has decided that Bihor Court’s request to be discussed under the emergency procedure, which is a… Mai mult›
Government decides to increase external borrowing ceiling by EUR 4bn. It has consumed program resources for two years
The Government's agenda for Wednesday also includes the draft decision to increase the foreign loans ceiling for 2019 and 2020 by EUR 4 billion, up… Mai mult›
On Tuesday, the European Commission presented a series of policy recommendations on how Europe can shape its future within an increasingly uncertain and multipolar world.… Mai mult›
Meeting between Prime Minister Viorica Dancila and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang: talks on a possible involvement of Chinese companies in PPP projects in Romania
On Friday, Prime Minister Viorica Dancila had a meeting with Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, during which she stated her interest in involving Chinese companies… Mai mult›
So-called "Belina Law" was adopted. Opposition will refer CCR: it turns Belina Island into a fiscal paradise
The Chamber of Deputies adopted on Tuesday the bill that provides for a derogating tax regime, such as tax exemptions or reductions, for land and… Mai mult›
Deveselu shield is undergoing an upgrade process; the US provides alternative defence capabilities with THAAD systems
Aegis Ashore anti-missile system installed at Deveselu 99 Military Base will go in the next period through a previously planned upgrade process, the MApN announced… Mai mult›