Q2 / Average monthly income per capita in Romania has risen to nearly RON 1,600: Changes in redistribution of family budget
Data published by INS for the second quarter of 2018 show that Romanians’ monthly incomes have reached nearly RON 1,600 per person. They were RON… Mai mult›
According to the data released by Eurostat, Romania’s current account deficit exceeded, in the second quarter of the year, the threshold of five percentage points… Mai mult›
Strategic chemical industry: Romania, on top in import increase and ranking last in EU in terms of increase in exports outside single market
Data published by Eurostat show that Romania recorded the second highest annual growth rate in imports of non-EU chemicals from 2007 to 2017 (13.1% per… Mai mult›
Rising incomes have fuelled consumption and, implicitly, the economic growth in recent years, but not the savings. Although a large proportion of the population… Mai mult›
Total turnover in the IT sector increased by 11 percentage points in 2017 compared to 2016 and exceeded the four billion euro threshold forecasted, according… Mai mult›
de Razvan Diaconu , 14.5.2018
The law from 2016 remained inapplicable because “ implementing rules to which it refers have not been adopted“, writes in the explanatory for this legislation approved on Thursday.
In December last year, Tudose government also approved an ordinance with the same subject, also without an explanatory memorandum.
According to the Government, the objective of a PPP type of association is to achieve or, depending on the case, rehabilitate and/or expand a good or some goods that will belong to the patrimony of the public partner.
In the new legal provisions, the term PPP “project” has been replaced by “contract”, “to remove the legal uncertainty.”
For the same purpose, “it has been stated in several provisions that granting certain categories of rights to the private partner or the project company under the public-private partnership contract will not involve a new award procedure.”
Additions to and modifications refer to:
- Regulating the possibility to develop under PPP projects that involve exclusively the operation of a public service
- Clarification of the concept of financial closure (the date when all condition precedents have been met for the entry into force of the financiers’ obligation to provide the funds needed to finance the PPP contract)
- restricting the public partner’s participation with public funds in the investment phase to 25% of the investment to give priority to attracting private funds for implementing public investment, representing financial resources other than non-reimbursable external funds and the national contribution corresponding to such funds
- the creation within one year of a special Fund for financing PPP contracts that fall under the category of strategic projects
- the special financing fund will consist of public revenue from tax and non-fiscal financial resources, including subsidies, provided for by the special law on the establishment of the special fund
- removing regulatory overlaps with the law on public procurement and concessions made following the adoption of OUG 104/2017 for amending and supplementing Law 233/2016 on PPP, according to the explanatory memoranda.
Also, among the main elements of PPP, we can also note:
- the duration of at least 5 years of contractual relationships, allowing the private partner to recover the investment and obtain a “reasonable profit”
- the pooling of private with public funds or, where applicable, risk sharing between the public and the private partner depending on the ability of each signing party to assess, manage and control a particular risk.
- the public partner will be able to transmit or establish, in favour of the project company, the right to collect and use tariffs from the users of the products/products or public service that form the object of the public-private partnership contract.
- The duration of the public-private partnership contract is determined mainly by the depreciation period of the investments to be made by the project company and depending on the way these investments are financed.
- The duration shall be established so that:
- to avoid artificially restricting the competition
- to ensure a reasonable profit for the respective field following the exploitation of the good/goods and the operation of the public service that forms the object of the project
- to ensure a reasonable and affordable price for the services that form the object of the project, to be paid by the beneficiaries of the services.
The steps required to conclude and start fulfilling the obligations of a PPP contract are:
- drafting a substantiation study by the public partner;
- approving the substantiation study by the Government for central public administration projects or, where applicable, by the deliberative authorities for local government projects;
- the procedure for awarding the public-private partnership contract;
- the approval of the public-private partnership contract that results from the finalization of the negotiations and initialized by the government for the projects of the central public administration, or, where applicable, by the deliberative authorities, for projects of the local public administration;
- the signing of the public-private partnership contract;
- the fulfilment of all the condition precedent stipulated in the public-private partnership contract, including the financial closure.
The public partner has the obligation to send to the National Institute of Statistics, within 30 days since signing, a copy corresponding to the original of the public-private partnership contract.The Government may decide that certain projects that it considers strategic will be prepared and awarded on behalf of the public partners that are to implement them, by the National Commission for Strategy and Prognosis.
The initiative to implement a public-private partnership project belongs to the public partner.
Lăsați un comentariu
Only Cluj-Napoca is among the 22 European cities that will receive financing from the European Regional Development Fund (FEDR) for innovative solutions in addressing urban… Mai mult›
Prime Minister Dancila dismissed 13 of 15 civil society representatives from Economic and Social Council. They were blocking legislation that did not gathered all opinions
Prime Minister Viorica Dancila has replaced 13 of the 15 civil society representatives in the Economic and Social Council (CES). Following a decision published on… Mai mult›
West Quadrilateral / Four counties joined to directly access European money for major infrastructure projects
From right to left: Gheorghe Falca, Nicolae Robu, Ilie Bolojan. Emil Boc, Mayor of Cluj Napoca, misses Four mayors from the West of the country… Mai mult›
Chamber of Deputies / PSD loses UDMR’s support for amending Offshore Law, draft returns to committees for a week
The plenum of the Chamber of Deputies decided on Wednesday to resend the Offshore Law to committees after a seemingly surprising request of UDMR leader… Mai mult›
The Government adopted on Thursday the draft Emergency Ordinance for amending and supplementing legislation in the field of insolvency, which provides among other things for… Mai mult›
Unlike the vast majority of the economic areas, in which we are at the bottom of the European ranking, Romania succeeded to rank 7th by… Mai mult›
There are clear signs that the lobbying action launched by the ruling coalition in Brussels in favour of the government in Bucharest will end with… Mai mult›
MFP: Romania does not endorse a separate budget for Eurozone and rejects the idea of taxing financial transactions
Romania does not endorse a separate budget for Eurozone and rejects the idea of taxing financial transactions, Minister of Public Finance Eugen Teodorovici said after… Mai mult›
Finance Ministry wants to change rules for insolvency: state could also register claims after procedure is launched
Companies’ possibility to avoid paying creditors (and in particular the payment of tax receivables) simply by declaring their insolvency would be drastically limited, according to… Mai mult›
Prime Minister Viorica Dancila, European Commissioner Phil Hogan and Agriculture Minister Petre Daea The swine fever epidemics in Romania has an impact on neighbouring countries,… Mai mult›
Infrastructure projects lost EUR 41.5 million following budget amendment. In what projects cuts have been made
Despite the assurances that Dancila government is concerned and intensely working on the road infrastructure projects, at the budget amendment the Transport Ministry has cut… Mai mult›
Leaders of the political groups in the European Parliament have decided to adopt in October a resolution on the rule of law in Romania. The… Mai mult›
"Romania's buffers have deteriorated, the country is less prepared for a negative shock" - IMF will reduce economic growth estimate
Romania will be less prepared if the economy is hit by a negative shock, as the structural deficit has been deteriorated - IMF representative for… Mai mult›
Premiere: CSAT asks Finance Ministry to amend amendment - session suspended until Government comes with a draft that does not affect budgets of secret services
President Klaus Iohannis suspended on Tuesday the CSAT meeting for discussing the budget amendment, as there was no consensus on the budgets of institutions from… Mai mult›