At the end of the first half of the year, the general consolidated budget registered a deficit of about RON 15 billion, an amount… Mai mult›
Between three and five million Romanians work and live abroad. The 2017 UN estimate, rated as optimistic by the World Bank’s Report on Diagnosis of… Mai mult›
In only one quarter: Incomes increased five times faster than GDP. For public sector employees, even faster
Data released by the INS for the first quarter of 2018 show that households’ living standards increased considerably compared to the same quarter of the… Mai mult›
It is the Administrative Code’s turn: little responsibility for local elected officials, higher power for asset disposing, privileges
The Chamber of Deputies votes the amendments to Romania’s Administrative Code on Monday, amendments that strengthen the political control over local administrations. It is expected… Mai mult›
The average gross wage announced by the INS for May 2018 was 4,512 lei, 0.4% lower than in the previous month. Net nominal average wage… Mai mult›
de Razvan Diaconu , 14.5.2018
The law from 2016 remained inapplicable because “ implementing rules to which it refers have not been adopted“, writes in the explanatory for this legislation approved on Thursday.
In December last year, Tudose government also approved an ordinance with the same subject, also without an explanatory memorandum.
According to the Government, the objective of a PPP type of association is to achieve or, depending on the case, rehabilitate and/or expand a good or some goods that will belong to the patrimony of the public partner.
In the new legal provisions, the term PPP “project” has been replaced by “contract”, “to remove the legal uncertainty.”
For the same purpose, “it has been stated in several provisions that granting certain categories of rights to the private partner or the project company under the public-private partnership contract will not involve a new award procedure.”
Additions to and modifications refer to:
- Regulating the possibility to develop under PPP projects that involve exclusively the operation of a public service
- Clarification of the concept of financial closure (the date when all condition precedents have been met for the entry into force of the financiers’ obligation to provide the funds needed to finance the PPP contract)
- restricting the public partner’s participation with public funds in the investment phase to 25% of the investment to give priority to attracting private funds for implementing public investment, representing financial resources other than non-reimbursable external funds and the national contribution corresponding to such funds
- the creation within one year of a special Fund for financing PPP contracts that fall under the category of strategic projects
- the special financing fund will consist of public revenue from tax and non-fiscal financial resources, including subsidies, provided for by the special law on the establishment of the special fund
- removing regulatory overlaps with the law on public procurement and concessions made following the adoption of OUG 104/2017 for amending and supplementing Law 233/2016 on PPP, according to the explanatory memoranda.
Also, among the main elements of PPP, we can also note:
- the duration of at least 5 years of contractual relationships, allowing the private partner to recover the investment and obtain a “reasonable profit”
- the pooling of private with public funds or, where applicable, risk sharing between the public and the private partner depending on the ability of each signing party to assess, manage and control a particular risk.
- the public partner will be able to transmit or establish, in favour of the project company, the right to collect and use tariffs from the users of the products/products or public service that form the object of the public-private partnership contract.
- The duration of the public-private partnership contract is determined mainly by the depreciation period of the investments to be made by the project company and depending on the way these investments are financed.
- The duration shall be established so that:
- to avoid artificially restricting the competition
- to ensure a reasonable profit for the respective field following the exploitation of the good/goods and the operation of the public service that forms the object of the project
- to ensure a reasonable and affordable price for the services that form the object of the project, to be paid by the beneficiaries of the services.
The steps required to conclude and start fulfilling the obligations of a PPP contract are:
- drafting a substantiation study by the public partner;
- approving the substantiation study by the Government for central public administration projects or, where applicable, by the deliberative authorities for local government projects;
- the procedure for awarding the public-private partnership contract;
- the approval of the public-private partnership contract that results from the finalization of the negotiations and initialized by the government for the projects of the central public administration, or, where applicable, by the deliberative authorities, for projects of the local public administration;
- the signing of the public-private partnership contract;
- the fulfilment of all the condition precedent stipulated in the public-private partnership contract, including the financial closure.
The public partner has the obligation to send to the National Institute of Statistics, within 30 days since signing, a copy corresponding to the original of the public-private partnership contract.The Government may decide that certain projects that it considers strategic will be prepared and awarded on behalf of the public partners that are to implement them, by the National Commission for Strategy and Prognosis.
The initiative to implement a public-private partnership project belongs to the public partner.
Lăsați un comentariu
The Ministry of Public Finance makes a "comparative analysis" of the Tax Code and the Tax Procedure Code with a view to applying a new… Mai mult›
Romania, Hungary and Slovenia are the member states that recorded the largest increase in the share of public sector employees in the total number of… Mai mult›
Fitch confirms Romania's rating at BBB- but warns: fiscal loosening is risky for macroeconomic stability
Fitch Ratings confirmed on Friday Romania's rating for long-term foreign and local currency debt at BBB-, with a stable outlook, but warned that fiscal loosening… Mai mult›
Finance Minister Eugen Teodorovici said at a press conference held in Bistrita that "a mechanism of this type is in progress”, a mechanism on tax… Mai mult›
AOAR - Economy against new Criminal Code: businessmen denounce excessive protection provided to officials who cause damages to economy
The Businessmen’s Association of Romania (AOAR) asks the ruling coalition to explain the mechanism by which, after changes introduced on Wednesday in the Criminal Code,… Mai mult›
Number of insolvencies increased by 12% in first five months. Suspended activities - plus 31%, dissolutions - plus 59%
The increase in the number of companies and PFAs in insolvency was 11.97% in the first five months of this year, compared to the same… Mai mult›
The investment needs in Romania's transport infrastructure exceed EUR 70 billion, while the available resources by 2030 are EUR 36 billion, according to the Transport… Mai mult›
Liviu Dragnea announces a dictatorship through ordinances: "Correct procedural approach through Parliament is wrong, from the law on investment fund to laws on the judiciary. We will be firmer and more radical"
"We decided to be much firmer and more radical. My way of having a correct procedural approach in the Parliament proved wrong. In the Parliament,… Mai mult›
Deputies adopted a draft law on Wednesday whereby entitlement to social assistance ceases when a job is refused. The decision, Agerpres announced, was taken with… Mai mult›
The National Agency for Employment (ANOFM) grants subsidies of RON 900/month to employers who employ graduates of educational institutions, with contracts of indefinite duration, within… Mai mult›
C.P. Tariceanu, before the heads of Senates from EU: The European Commission has encouraged the parallel state, in Romania it is like in the 50's
Calin Popescu Tariceanu (foto) delivered a very tough speech on Friday, in the Senate, addressed to the European Commission, which he accused of encouraging the… Mai mult›
The National Bank of Romania (BNR) sent to banks for consultation a draft amending Regulation 17/2012, which provides for a consistent lowering of the indebtedness… Mai mult›
Senators adopted on Wednesday the draft for amending the Code of Criminal Procedure, by 74 votes for to 28, against. The bill goes to the… Mai mult›
RBL: Workforce crisis is worse than economic crisis - 3.4 million Romanians have left the country in last 10 years
Migration is one of the most serious problems facing Romania at this time, along with the lack of infrastructure. However, the return of Romanians to… Mai mult›