The economic growth on the first three quarters of 2018 was 4.2%, both in gross series and the seasonally adjusted series, according to data published… Mai mult›
Budget revenue, historical minimum – below two-thirds of EU average as a share of GDP. Declining trend and low values across the board
Romania ranked penultimate among EU member states in 2017 in terms of budget revenues share of GDP, according to Eurostat data. With only 25.8%, our… Mai mult›
Hourly labour costs grew by 13.91% in the third quarter of 2018 compared to the same period in 2017 (+1.53% compared to Q2 2018), according… Mai mult›
“Man, there is still time”/ We meet 13 out of 14 criteria on European dashboard: but how do we overcome two neuralgic points?
According to Eurostat, Romania observed 13 of the 14 indicators set for the scoreboard of the macroeconomic situation in the EU member states last year.… Mai mult›
Romanian research has come below the level registered at the EU accession moment. And it reached one sixth of EU 2020 target
Romania insists on staying on the penultimate position among the European Union member states in terms of R & D expenditure in 2017, according to… Mai mult›
de Victor Bratu , 12.11.2017
Among the most important are: the transfer of most of the social contributions to the employee, the taxation of companies on the turnover below one million euros, or the restrictions targeting the foreign-owned companies and the banks regarding the deduction of expenses, including the interest and indebtedness.
The following are provided:
- Transferring the payment obligation for most of the social contributions from the employer to the employee and cutting their total by 2 percentage points to 37.25%;
- Introducing the work insurance contribution (CAM) of 2.25% payable by the employer to the general consolidated budget. CAM replaces the unemployment contribution (0.5% payable by the employee and 0.5% by the employer), the medical leave contribution (0.85% payable by the employer), the contribution to the salary guarantee fund (0.25%) and the insurance contribution for accidents and occupational diseases.
- Introducing CAS calculated based on the minimum national wage, on the revenues obtained from independent activities.
- Reducing the income tax from 16% to 10% for employees, pensioners, rents, interest income, copyright, other income, excluding the dividend income. The measure is intended to alleviate the risk of a decrease in the net wages.
- The monthly taxable pension income is obtained by deducting the monthly non-taxable amount of 2,000 lei from the pension income.
- Taxation of 1% on the turnover in all companies with a turnover below one million euros, double the previous threshold.
- Tax authorities may refuse the VAT deduction if they can demonstrate “that the taxable person knew or should have known that the transaction put forward to justify the right to deduct was involved in a VAT related fraud occurring upstream or downstream in the delivery/supply chain”
- Restrictions on tax optimization of credit institutions and foreign-owned companies: Directive 2016/1164 / EU is translated into the national legislation. New rules are established on:
- the limitation in the deductibility of interest expenses and other equivalent costs: “The taxpayer has the right to deduct, within a fiscal period, the excess costs of indebtedness up to the deductible threshold represented by the equivalent in RON of 200,000 euros calculated at the BNR exchange rate from the last day of the quarter/fiscal year, where applicable”;
- the tax regime of asset transfers, of a tax residence and/or economic activity carried out through a permanent establishment, on which Romania loses the right to tax;
The ordinance provides that “if an entity or a permanent establishment is considered a <<controlled foreign company>>, the taxpayer who controls it shall include in the taxable base the entity’s undistributed income deriving from the following:
- interest or any other income generated by financial assets;
- royalties or any other income generated by intellectual property rights;
- dividends and income from the transfer of units;
- financial leasing income;
- income from insurance, banking or other financial activities;
- income from companies that obtain it from goods and services which are purchased from associated companies and sold to them without any economic value or a low added value.”
Lăsați un comentariu
The benchmark government bond yield jumped above the 5% threshold on Thursday. The Ministry of Public Finance (MFP) attracted RON 300 million from banks on… Mai mult›
The Ministry of European Funds has taken out Iasi-Tg. Mures highway project from the Large Infrastructure Operational Programme 2021-2027 and the Ministry of Transport already… Mai mult›
Senate postpones discussions on DNA’s request on waiving immunity of Calin Popescu Tariceanu until February 2019
The Senate has decided that it will put to the vote the decision to waive Calin Popescu Tariceanu's immunity only in the spring session, that… Mai mult›
Implementation of 5G technology, a multiplication effect in economy of EUR 4.7 billion - announces Sorin Grindeanu (ANCOM)
The National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) launched on Wednesday the National Strategy for the Implementation of 5G Technologies in Romania for… Mai mult›
Some of the amendments to the criminal codes will generate mistrust regarding Romanian state's ability to ensure the legality, stability and predictability of business relationships… Mai mult›
European Semester / European Commission asks Romania to correct its medium-term structural deficit by 1% of GDP
Minister Eugen Teodorovici is pressured by the EU to reduce the budget deficit After finding that the Government has done nothing to adjust the deviation… Mai mult›
The Government adopted on Thursday the ordinance that provides for the general framework for the establishment of a Sovereign Fund. Later, after new talks with… Mai mult›
The representatives of Ford Craiova met on Wednesday with mayors of 30 localities from Dolj county in order to stimulate the attraction of 1,700 new… Mai mult›
Development strategy / Government squeezes even investment money from its own companies: EUR 120 million from only two entities in energy field
Nuclearelectrica (SNN) and Romgaz (SNG) have calculated the additional dividends to be paid to the state after the Ministry of Finance (MFP) sent to the… Mai mult›
DNA, officially: Senate President is suspected of having received a USD 800,000 bribe. Case file opened at a request from Austrian judicial authorities
The case file in which the DNA requested the waiving of the Senate President’s immunity was opened at the request of Austrian judicial authorities and… Mai mult›
Romania has to recover illegal state aid worth EUR 60 million granted to Compexul Energetic Hunedoara, announced the European Commission with a statement released on… Mai mult›
The Ministry of Public Finance (MFP) intends to borrow in November RON 4.74 billion, 1.4% more than in the previous month, according to the Ministry.… Mai mult›
IRUM Reghin launched the first 100% Romanian tractor, announced Digi24, designed and built by the company’s engineers, 15 years after the Romanian tractor manufacturing disappeared.… Mai mult›
Romanians from abroad sent as much money to Romania as Government attracted from European funds and subsidies
Romanians working abroad sent EUR 2.695 billion to the country in the first eight months of 2018, equalling the European funds and subsidies received in… Mai mult›